Want to help welcome refugees to Ontario? Click here.
We are seeking a volunteer social media coordinator to develop and implement a social media strategy to increase overall reach and brand awareness.
Duties and responsibilities
The social media coordinator will:
- Identify key online channels for Team Unbreakable to establish presence
- Develop an appropriate social media strategy to support Team Unbreakable campaigns and fundraising activities, and establish targets for increasing online reach through Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Generate, edit, publish and share regular updates/content through Team Unbreakable’s social media outlets that builds meaningful connections and engagement with audience (blog posts, new releases, fundraising initiatives, and any other promotional items)
- Adhere to policies and guidelines of social media platforms
- Attend monthly meetings to provide updates, address concerns and review action items
- Monitor activity and user interactions for all social media outlets
- Adapt general TU campaign messaging for different outlet-specific audiences
- Research people and/or groups relevant to Team Unbreakable that can be engaged
- Experience using key social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram)
- Strong writing and editing skills, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to use online tools to engage members, donors and corporate partners
- Outgoing, enthusiastic and creative
- Works well independently and as part of a team
The position requires a minimum 6-month commitment for 1-2 days per week for an average of 2-5 hours per week, which can be completed at home.
Benefits and Recognition
This position provides valuable experience for Communications, Marketing and Non-profit Management students; individuals with an interest in gaining experience in the non-profit sector or in the mental health field; and anyone with a passion for mental health and physical wellness. This position will strengthen and broaden your skills in social media management and analytics. It is a flexible schedule, and an opportunity to make an impact while having fun!
Volunteers are highly valued members of the CameronHelps team and contribute to making a significant difference in CameronHelps ability to save one life at a time from suicide through programs and awareness. CameronHelps will provide reference letters for all volunteers who successfully complete a placement.